Wednesday 5 June 2013

Back to Waikiki / Lap of Oahu on Harley Davidson Fat Boy

Arriving back in Waikiki was good, i really love this place and to make it even better this new hostel I'm in is great, really good atmosphere everyone one here is friendly and up for a good time, not to mention we have a bathroom, shower, fridge and kitchen in our own room which you don't see very often in hostels. They also have free pizza and beers a few nights a week, that brings everyone together for the social side of things and makes it easy to get along and make friends.
I actually never made it to the big island had the flight booked and everything, but after double checking the day of the iron man and realising it was on Saturday and not Sunday, which i originally thought it was Sunday. I decided not to go, i didn't have any accommodation organised and it would have meant that i would have lost my deposit on the accommodation i had previously book in Waikiki so i gave it a miss. I was almost to the point of flipping a coin up until the moments just before the flight!
The first night in this hostel a few of us went out, a Russian guy and a couple of Norwegian girls. It was a really funny night and first and last that i will go out in Hawaii for this trip anyway, to many Jager Bombs....
Yesterday i did absolutely nothing, i posted all my hiking gear home and that has made my bag so easy and light to carry now, its basically half empty! Then i spent the rest of the day laying in the hot sun on Waikiki Beach,  jumping in the water to cool off every 20 minutes or so, it was amazing. As i walked back from the beach to the hostel i went past a Harley Davidson store along the main strip and noticed a display bike out the front with a sign saying "rent me $140  24hrs" the sign defiantly worked because i walked straight in and asked about it. Later that night i was thinking more about it, thinking it's my once in a life time world trip, why hold back from anything i want to do, 10 am the next morning i walked around there and said i want that one out the front haha. and within 20 minutes i was on the road. As i walked home the night before after being at the Harley Davidson store i stopped at a little express grocery store and got a map of the island. after heading off the next day, as i was riding i thought to myself 
"I may as well just do the whole island around the coast, i have a map" so i pulled in at the (Gas Station) as they call them, filled it to the top and just kept going. I first thought it was going to be confusing and may get a little lost but i just kept following the coast, did not even pull the map out once, the the coastline is just unbelievable. There was this one stretch of road, probably about 10 miles, so close to the water that when the waves were breaking at the shore every now and then it would splash me on the bike!!
I found myself looking at all the restaurants as i went around the east side of the island, thinking geez im getting fairly hungry, as i went past this place that said "Fresh Fish Tacos" i was like yep pulled over did a U turn and went back and glad i did because they were awesome. Everywhere i pulled up to look at places or have a rest, people where coming over and saying "thats a good looking bike" haha and asking me about it thinking it was mine, i even had two Indian guys come over and ask if they could sit on it while they took a photo of each other. Haha i was just laughing pretending it was mine. Just such a strange feeling going along the highway at about 70 miles per hour  with know helmet on and passing cars along a 5 wide freeway!! 

Had a fantastic day and the best part about it is, that i still have the bike till 2pm tomorrow so ill be out riding again all morning tomorrow. Which tomorrow is my last day here, my flight leaves at 9:30pm tomorrow night. I actually think im going to miss this place, I can honestly say i think its the best place i have been in my life so far. I've just had so many adventures and met so many great people and this is only the first 2 weeks. I couldn't speak any more highly of Hawaii, i would recommend it to anyone as a perfect holiday!!!! 

SPEAK TO EVERYONE FROM MEXICO!!!!!   ADIOS.......











   







No comments:

Post a Comment